Opus One Productions Presents:
with Andy the Doorbum
at Club Cafe, 58 S. 12th St., Pittsburgh (South Side) PA 15203
21+ ONLY, 8:00 show / 7:00 doors, $12 adv. / $14 day of
Tickets are on sale NOW at Ticketweb… OR you can WIN a pair of tickets FREE, courtesy of Opus One Productions and Valley of Steel! Keep on reading to find out how (and while you’re at it, don’t forget about our other contests we are currently running!) …
Formed in Seattle back in 2004 by bassist/vocalist Jared Warren and drummer Coady Willis, bottom-heavy sludge ensemble Big Business put out their first album in 2005, and almost immediately were getting the opportunity to tour with bands like Tool and the Melvins. It was while on the road with the latter — or so the legend goes — that Dale Crover became intrigued by Willis‘ left-handed drum setup, and started experimenting with placing their drum sets side-by-side as mirror images of each other. This percussive tandem eventually led to Willis and Warren joining as official Melvins members, performing on several of the band’s recent albums as well as on tour (often opening shows as Big Business before also playing in the headliners’ set). If you can tolerate the terrible sound quality of the camera we used to film this, here is an example from a Melvins show here in Pittsburgh, back in 2013, that shows the incredible precision of the synchronized drummers.
Meanwhile, the duo also soldiered on in their primary group, touring frequently and releasing several more albums, over the years adding a guitarist (Toshi Kasai) and then a second (Scott Martin). Fast-forwarding to 2016, Big Business is currently on the brink of putting out another album, their fifth full-length overall — Command Your Weather will see the light of day in two weeks (July 8th) via Gold Metal Records. If you check out the Bandcamp player below, you’ll be able to preview two of the songs from the album (which you can preorder here, by the way). To celebrate this new addition to their discography, the band will be kicking off a nationwide (plus one night in Canada) headlining tour, which starts TONIGHT in Washington state. A full list of tour dates can be found down in the comments section.
But first — right in the middle of that trip will be a stop in Pittsburgh, on July 10th (just after the new album comes out). And all you need to do is fill out your name and email address on this page for a chance to see that show for FREE! Good luck, and thanks for stopping by Valley of Steel.
* * * * * * *
Update, 08 July 2016: this contest is now closed, and the winner has been notified via email. Thank you to everyone who entered, and be sure to check back soon for more ticket giveaways!
- Only one entry will be accepted via this form per valid email address.
- This prize is non-transferable; a valid photo ID will be required at the door to claim your prize.
- Entries will be accepted from noon (Eastern Daylight Time) on Friday, June 24th through noon (Eastern Daylight Time) on Friday, July 8th.
- Winner will be randomly selected (via random.org) and contacted using the email address entered in this form after noon (Eastern Daylight Time) on Friday, July 8th.
- Your email address will only be used to contact you if you win the contest, and will not be retained by Valley of Steel or Opus One, nor given to any third party, or used for any other purpose. Please be sure you enter using an email address you CHECK REGULARLY so that you don’t miss the notification in the event that you are chosen as the winner!
- To be the first to find out about contests like this one, don’t forget to like Valley of Steel on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram!
* * * * * * *