Hey, folks. You might remember I’ve talked about these guys before – the Pittsburgh-based lords of RPG/D&D-metal known collectively as Dethlehem. If you have forgotten already, they got picked as an opening act when Dying Fetus hit town last week, but before that, I wrote a whole big article about them back in January, in advance of a headlining show they did in February. You can check out that article for some more in-depth information about the band and their music. When you’re finished with that, c’mon back here because the guys need a little bit of help heading out on tour this summer, and I know you’re going to be excited to have them come visit wherever you live!
Dethlehem is a tongue-in-cheek, RPG/Fantasy/Metal band from Pittsburgh, PA. We think metal and music should be fun, and interactive. We encourage audience participation by handing out inflatable weapons, acting out skits on stage, using stage props for scenery, and telling tales of our mythos in between songs. We want our crowds to feel like they are part of our legions and are here to help us defend the land as a collective. Basically, we want you to have a great time at our shows and enjoy some epic metal!
We’ve recently conquered and defended the lands of Pittsburgh and won a few local awards — notably the 2011 Pittsburgh City Paper’s Best Metal Band, and 2011 Back Allie’s Best Metal Band & Best Music Video (see above for video) — and now we’re looking to quest to new realms. However, touring has it’s own issues for a DIY band and this is where we need you!
Where YOU come in…
Being a 100% Do-It-Yourself band with no label backing, it is difficult to get guaranteed pay at venues in areas that you don’t often play. This makes for the energizing of our steed (aka, paying for fuel to put in our van) difficult to do without consistent pay. The money you donate will go directly toward traveling expenses and making the DethleVan long-distance-road-worthy. (See what we did there?)
- Oil changes
- Radiator flush
- A/C recharge
- New tires
- Trailer Rental
These are all things needed to make sure the DethleVan is in top shape for the journey that lays ahead.
We’ve put together some epic reward packages for you that include our music albums, shirts, stickers, gaming dice, tour dvds, and even some rare, one-of-a-kind props from our show!
**Please take note that some rewards have an estimated delivery of August 2012. In most cases, this means that some parts of the rewards will not be available until August. Some items may ship earlier than that!**
Dethlehem started as a fantastically fun hobby for us. We had no idea we could grow it into the potential touring metal machine we have today. With your help, the community of fans and friends we’ve made can grow even larger. If you’re able to financially support our epic quest to conquer new realms, please consider making a monetary contribution to our cause. Every little bit helps! From the warriors of Dethlehem, we thank thee.
They’ve set their goal at raising $2,500 in one month. Just like all Kickstarter campaigns, there are some gifts for those who donate at various pledge levels — but with a minimum set at just $1, ANY amount would surely be appreciated, and would go a long way toward helping support a great band!
- $1 or more: Every little bit helps, seriously. See us at our next show for a sweaty hug.
- $10 or more: Limited edition dethlehem sticker.
- $25 or more: Autographed copy of The Ghorusalem Codex, Volume 2: Of Magick & Tyranny + Limited edition Dethlehem sticker!
- $50 or more: Autographed copies of both The Ghorusalem Codex, Volume 1: Enthroned Upon a Spire and Volume 2: Of Magick & Tyranny + 2 custom special edition Dethlehem 6-sided dice + Limited edition Dethlehem sticker!
- $75 or more: A Dethlehem Tour DVD featuring behind the scenes footage of shows, and shenanigans from the road + all of the above
- $100 or more: Limited edition Dethlehem shirt designed by the band + all of the above
- $150 or more: Free entry for you and a guest to any one Dethlehem show of your choosing + all of the above
- $200 or more: An official Dethlehem Knight’s Tunic + all of the above
- $300 or more: Play a character on stage at any one future Dethlehem show of your choosing + all of the above
- $500 or more: Autographed bass drum head featuring full-color album art that will be used on the tour + all of the above
- $1,000 or more: Autographed Yagolith Skull prop used by the band on numerous past shows + everything from the $300 level and above
- $1,500 or more: Giant inflatable d20 autographed by the band + everything from the $300 level and above
- $2,500 or more: Free entry for you and a guest to every future Dethlehem show + Play a character on stage at every future Dethlehem show of your choosing + Giant inflatable d20 autographed by the band + Video chat/instrument lesson/interview with the band + An official Dethlehem Knight’s Tunic + everything from the $100 level and above
Once again, the Kickstarter project page is here.