Hey there, readers. Real quick, I wanted to bring this to your attention: in a joint effort between Blistering.com and Clawhammer PR, for the next few days you can have the opportunity to win a prize package from Portlandian death-thrashers Stonecreep!
This giveaway will include a digipack of the 2011 re-release (via Old-School Metal Records) of their 2009 album The Deathmarch Crushes On, a CD copy of the 2007 demo EP We Bleed Disaster, a t-shirt, sticker, and beer koozie. All you need to do is click right here, and fill in the relevant personal information. Be sure to submit your entry soon, because the contest will close on Friday (1 June)!
Oh, and while we’re on the subject, the band will soon be heading out across the U.S. in support of the Deathmarch album’s recent re-release, on what they’re calling the Storm of the Deathmarch U.S. Tour 2012. So far there have been sixteen confirmed dates over the course of three weeks between June and July (including a stop in Pittsburgh). See below for the full details…
Update 12 June: the contest may have ended but the Deathmarch tour is still, umm, deathmarching soon! I’ve learned of a few adjustments to the tour schedule, which has been updated accordingly, below, along with an explanatory statement from the band…
STORM OF THE DEATHMARCH U.S TOUR 2012
June 16th – Portland, OR @ Ash St. Saloon
June 17th – Eugene, OR @ Black Forest
- June 18th – Pacifica, CA @ Winters Tavern
- June 19th – San Diego, CA @ Brick By Brick
- June 21st – Gilbert, AZ @ Crabby Don’s
- June 22nd – San Antonio, TX @ Zombies
- June 23rd – Surfside Beach, TX @ Pier 30
- June 24th – Baton Rouge, LA @ The Green Room
- June 25th – Myrtle Beach, SC @ The Sound Hole
- June 26th – Baltimore, MD @ The Sidebar
- June 27th – Rochester, NY @ The Bug Jar
- June 28th – Pittsburgh, PA @ 31st Street Pub
- June 29 – La Crosse, WI @ JB’s Speakeasy
- June 30th – Fargo, ND @ The Aquarium
- July 3rd – Denver, CO @ Three Kings Tavern
- July 6th – Seattle, WA @ Fuel
Courtesy Clawhammer PR:
Stonecreep have issued a statement regarding the cancellation of the first two dates of the Storm of the Deathmarch U.S. Tour 2012. “Due to a major family emergency, we have been forced to cancel the first two dates (Portland and Eugene) of the tour. It is with extremely heavy hearts that we do so. We are currently working on make-up dates for those shows and we apologize to anybody and everybody who was planning on coming out on June 16th & 17th. The rest of the tour will continue as planned. Thanks to all for your ongoing support. Hails.”
On a more positive note, the band has added a July 2nd date in Lake Ozark, MO to the tour and rescheduled the Portland, OR date from June 16th to July 5th.