Preorder the new Hellbastard and/or Fistula LPs, get exclusive woven patches, colored vinyl, test pressings and T-shirts!
From Patac Records head honcho Dan Harrington:
Let’s face it, you have to be crazy to start a record label. It costs a lot of blood, sweat and tears… and a whole lot of cash. Working on a DIY level, I try to do as much as I can for my bands. Pressing a record is one thing, but a record needs touring, ads in zines, etc.
So here’s my plan: I have two records ready to press, the Hellbastard Sons of Bitches 12″ and the Fistula Northern Aggression 12″. The money to complete this project is already secured, we just hope to raise additional funds to create the line of merchandise, new colors of vinyl and provide additional press to help out these two incredible bands. The t-shirts, patches and white vinyl are exclusive to this Kickstarter project, so don’t miss this opportunity to get a bunch of killer collector’s merchandise!
All the merchandise is designed and ready to print. With your pre-orders these records will be released ahead of schedule, promoted to the fullest extent and in addition, both bands will be repaid all proceeds.
One thing that always blows me away has always been the loyalty of my distro customers and fans of the music I have released. My goal is to create a bunch of killer merch and raise some money to help press the records; when the record is out and selling, I’m going to pay back 100% of the money raised to each band to help out with their touring costs. 2013 is going to be a great year — Fistula is negotiating some extensive tours in the US and abroad, and Hellbastard will be pretty much living on the road as well.
All merchandise orders will ship in early December, we hope for vinyl orders to ship by January. The production of vinyl is costly and production times vary, Test pressings will ship in January, however colored vinyl may encounter delays if the pressing plant is backed up.
Thanks so much, hope to see you all on the road!!!
Okay folks, here’s the deal. Patac Records announced this Kickstarter campaign for costs associated with these two new vinyl releases, almost a whole month ago. At that time, I said to myself, I need to pass the word along about this so that you guys are aware of it — but I was otherwise engaged at the time I heard about it. So I wanted to leave myself a note so I would remember to share the information about it sometime later. I hit the button on the Kickstarter page where it says it’ll send you an email reminder, and then I completely forgot about it, because I was preoccupied like I said, and I assumed that Kickstarter would remind me about it like I asked them to do.
I totally did not expect that they would finally send that reminder less than two days before the end of the fundraising period! But that’s what happened — sometime last night I got an email telling me that the campaign I had requested to be reminded about was ending in under 48 hours. So, I’ve been rushing to get this post thrown together so I can get this info sent out to you ASAP. By now, there’s only one day left to jump on this opportunity to get yourself some rare items! There was one reference lacquer available for each of these records, but those are both gone already — but you still have the chance to get test pressings, exclusive colored vinyl, exclusive t-shirt designs, and more:
- Pledge $8 or more – Fistula woven patch + name listed in the new 12″ Northern Aggression liner notes.
- Pledge $8 or more – Hellbastard woven patch + name listed in the new 12″ Sons of Bitches liner notes.
- Pledge $20 or more – Fistula “Sobriety” t-shirt + woven patch + name listed in the record’s liner notes.
- Pledge $20 or more – Hellbastard “Sons of Bitches” t-shirt + woven patch + name listed in the record’s liner notes.
- Pledge $20 or more – One copy of Fistula Northern Aggression on contributor only WHITE VINYL + woven patch + name listed in the record’s liner notes.
- Pledge $20 or more – One copy of Hellbastard Sons of Bitches on contributor only WHITE VINYL + woven patch + name listed in the record’s liner notes.
- Pledge $25 or more – One copy of Hellbastard Sons of Bitches TEST PRESSING + woven patch + name listed in the record’s liner notes.
- Pledge $25 or more – One copy of Fistula Northern Aggression TEST PRESSING + woven patch + name listed in the record’s liner notes.
- Pledge $35 or more – One copy of Hellbastard Sons of Bitches on contributor only color vinyl + one copy of Fistula Northern Aggression on contributor only color vinyl + name Listed in liner notes of both records.
- Pledge $40 or more – One copy of Fistula Northern Aggression TEST PRESSING + one copy of Fistula Northern Aggression on contributor only WHITE VINYL + woven patch + name listed in the record’s liner notes.
- Pledge $40 or more – One copy of Hellbastard Sons of Bitches TEST PRESSING + one copy of Hellbastard Sons of Bitches on contributor only WHITE VINYL + woven patch + name listed in the record’s liner notes.
- Pledge $40 or more – Both bands’ T-shirts, both woven patches, and your name listed in both records’ liner notes.
- Pledge $40 or more – 1 Colored vinyl LP, 1 patch, 1 shirt; you choose the combination of bands.
- Pledge $45 or more – 1 Test Pressing, 1 patch, 1 shirt; you choose the combination of bands.
The UK’s legendary Hellbastard are widely considered to be one of the most influential crust/punk bands ever — in fact, the term is said to have derived from their first demo tape Ripper Crust from 1986. The five songs that comprise their Sons of Bitches EP see the band continuing in this tradition, as you can hear for yourself in the opening track “Arcadia” (see the video embedded below), although the songs range from more punk-inspired to almost straight-up thrash. Mostly, though, they linger in the shadowy borderland region of crossover — and naturally, the subject matter includes topics like class struggles and revolution, with a rather dismal atmosphere lingering throughout it all like a cloud of industrial smog hanging over a working class neighborhood.
Fistula, based in Ohio and currently featuring Dan Harrington himself on vocals, are about fifteen years younger as a band than Hellbastard, but they’ve nevertheless made a name for themselves in the sludge/doom/noise metal underground scene — with a lengthy history of line-up changes and an equally extensive discography of releases. The eight tracks of Northern Aggression, which waver back and forth between grindy hardcore and syrupy sludge can be previewed using the Bandcamp widget below.
Once again, here is the Kickstarter page for you to score any of the above merchandise!